· By Sam Robertson
Announcing: The Arvida Review
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the vibrant community that supports us here in Old Town Tustin. Stories are what have connected us in this space and what better way to celebrate storytelling and community than a literary journal dedicated to your voices.
Today, I would like to introduce you to our newest endeavor here at Arvida Book Company. Starting this spring we will be publishing The Arvida Review; it will be a literary journal to make Tustin proud. We will feature a collection of unique short stories and illustrations from local artists.
We will be open for submissions from December 1st through January 31st, 2024. We encourage all writers to submit any original works of fiction. There will be a contributor honorarium payable upon publication as well as a grant of $250 issued to selected writers that consider Tustin home funded by The Tustin Area Council for Fine Arts (TACFA). The $10 submission fee can be waived for special circumstances- just email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests. No submissions will be accepted via email.
What we accept:
- Brief fictional prose narrative between 1000 and 10,000 words in length.
- Any genre, so long as it adheres to the theme of the issue.
- Published and unpublished work, so long as the author has copyrights.
What We Prefer:
- Authors local to Tustin and surrounding Orange County areas.
- Authors with strong voices who write underrepresented narratives.
- Unpublished work.
What we DO NOT accept:
- Personal nonfiction essays.
- We cannot accept work that is due to be published elsewhere in a collection or as a chapter of a novel and we do not have the ability to pay reprint rights.
Follow along for further updates at www.arvidareview.com. The theme will be announced on Friday, November 10th. We can’t wait to hear from you and read your submissions!
The Arvida Review