· By Sam Robertson
The Arvida Review Theme Announcement for Issue No.1
For our inaugural issue of the Arvida Review, we have decided to provide you with the theme of “community.”
Community evokes a diverse matrix of interpersonal relationships, localized and global, and we can’t wait to read how the term inspires your fiction.
We will be open for submissions from December 1st through January 31st, 2024. We encourage all writers to submit any original works of fiction. There will be a contributor honorarium of up to $250 payable upon publication as well as a grant of $250 issued to selected writers that consider Tustin home funded by The Tustin Area Council for Fine Arts (TACFA). The $10 submission fee can be waived for special circumstances- just email email@example.com with any requests. No submissions will be accepted via email.
What we accept:
- Brief fictional prose narrative between 1000 and 10,000 words in length.
- Any genre, so long as it adheres to the theme of the issue.
- Published and unpublished work, so long as the author has copyrights.
What We Prefer:
- Authors local to Tustin and surrounding Orange County areas.
- Authors with strong voices who write underrepresented narratives.
- Unpublished work.
What we DO NOT accept:
- Personal nonfiction essays.
- Illustrations or visual art.
- We cannot accept work that is due to be published elsewhere in a collection or as a chapter of a novel and we do not have the ability to pay reprint rights.