Hate U Give
Angie Thomas’s #1 New York Times bestselling, award-winning debut inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, about a teen girl who is the only witness to her friend’s fatal shooting by a police officer, is now available in paperback and includes a foreword and an antiracism guide.
NEARLY 3 MILLION COPIES IN PRINT!
- 8 starred reviews · Goodreads Choice Awards Best of the Best · William C. Morris Award Winner · National Book Award Longlist · Printz Honor Book · Coretta Scott King Honor Book · #1 New York Times Bestseller!
- "Absolutely riveting!" —Jason Reynolds
- "Stunning." —John Green
- "This story is necessary. This story is important." —Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
- "Heartbreakingly topical." —Publishers Weekly (starred review)
- "A marvel of verisimilitude." —ALA Booklist (starred review)
- "A powerful, in-your-face novel." —Horn Book (starred review)
Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend, Khalil, at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.
Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil’s name. Some cops and the local